CALLING ALL WYNNS: Auction Coming Soon
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 in News
Our Annual “World of Wynns” Auction is coming up soon - if you have any Wynns in the cellar, this is the perfect opportunity to see how much they’re worth and reach a large, incredibly engaged audience of keen collectors.
The auction will take place in early October, so you need to move quickly to get your wines to us.
We have sold more than 35,000 bottles of Wynns at auction in the past three years. How will yours go?
Some recent auction highlights include:
Wynns John Riddoch (Classified 'Exceptional')
- Average price: $120 per bottle
- First release 1982 vintage, average price in 2010: $120
- Average price now: $540
Wynns Michael Shiraz (Classified 'Outstanding')
- Average price: $95 per bottle
- First vintage 1955, last sold in 2016 for $4700.
- Very rare and highly collectable, sold only 16 times since 2002.
- If in outstanding condition will likely fetch around $6,000 to $10,000+ in today's market.
Wynns Black Label Cabernet (Classified 'Excellent')
- One the most consistent and reliable quality vs. value Cabernets in Australia.
- Average price: $53 per bottle
- 1950s, especially '54, '55, '57, '57 and '59 fetching high prices for good conditions: $1100+ per bottle
All Prices Inc GST
If you have been waiting for the right time to put your Wynns to auction, we'd strongly recommend getting them in soon. The deadline for submission is fast approaching.
Get in touch with us and get a free cellar appraisal. Start here…